Robbers Attend Church Services In Abuja, Rob The Church Of Offerings Collected But The Story Didn’t End There….

The popular adage, many days for the thief, one day for the owner of the house, came through when two armed robbery suspects were arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command in Abuja.

In a brief chat with Sunday Sun, one of the arrested suspects, Isaac Nyam, 35, confessed that he was among the gang that robbed the church, and explained the modus operandi of the gang.
His words: “We specialized in robbing churches in Abuja.
Usually one member of our gang would attend service in the church before we go to rob the place. When the service is on, we will watch what they are doing, especially during the offering time. We will watch where the ushers take the offering box after the service and in the night we go back for the operation.”
Armed with the intelligence gathered, the FCT Commissioner of Police, Mr. Wilson Inalegwu said that gang struck on June 15, 2015, at the Kingdom Connection Ministry around 3.00am, where they overpowered the two security men. They also tied up some members of the church living within the premises of the church; the gang then gained access into the auditorium and carted away the offering, musical instruments, laptops, GSM handsets and also removed the brain box of church’s Toyota Hummer bus.
Done with their unholy deed, the gang departed, gladdened that it had executed a successful heist, but Providence turned the table on them as information was relayed to the police command, and SARS operatives were activated to go smoke out the culprits.
Through diligent investigations, the police located and stormed the hideout of the gang. Two members of the gang were arrested while the other two escaped with bullet wounds. The police recovered an English Berata pistol and three other pistols from the gang.
Commenting on the robbery experience, a member of Kingdom Connection Church, Mr. Philp Oseni said: “We were shocked when they came; they tied up the two security men on duty and some of our members living within the church premises and went straight to where we keep the offering box.”
The Commissioner of Police assured that the suspects would be charged to court soon

Source: Sun News


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s